Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 7- The Cambodian Chapter

Chris and Josh- Day 7 in Phnom Penh( Cambodia)
Day 7 in Laos started with a wakeup call at 7:30am for breakfast before a 10:20 plane flight to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.
We arrived in Cambodia at 11:50 and were driven to our new hotel. Once we had our bags in our rooms we ventured out into the city to see a couple of temples before a boat trip at sunset on the Mekong River. The Buddhist temples were very interesting and exciting; the city is full of history and culture. Our boat ride down the Mekong river was our second this trip (we also had in Laos)  as locals would say “ same same but different “ ,for us it was in a different country .While we were on the river we were able to see a peak into some of the people’s lives on the river. Many of them were fishing, others living in very poor conditions, sleeping on small boats on the river banks.  After that was dinner and once again the food was incredible, the service is great over here .
After dinner Mr Cox took some of us to get gelato and a man confronted me and asked me how much I (Josh) weighed it was a weird experience but apparently it is respectful . We got back to the hotel and I was on the balcony and a tuk tuk driver tried to get me too have a ride and then he started dancing so I started dancing with him.
 Another day has come to a end and a new adventure is going to start tomorrow which is fun and excited I can’t wait, this is one of the best experiences of our lifetimes.
Turtle ( Joshua prior ) and Chris Harker

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!....I finally get to see a photo of you LEWIS...To everyone writing the daily reports and taking the photos,they are fantastic....Trudy

    P.S...I hope you are taking lots of photos lew xxx

    ReplyDelete